Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another Hot & Humid Day in Dusty Land


The wind has been blowing for the last week or so. That makes the air quality very bad. Because if you mix the sand and the humidity in the air, it brings visibility down to about a 1/2 a mile. Plus it is extraordinarily uncomfortable outside!

I worked at Oxford 3 days this week. The kids come in very tired because the Qataris stay up eating all night. So, they blast them out of bed and get them to school by 11 AM. The first hour for most students is useless. I had a few students recently that are ADD & ADHD, and they are quite a challenge. There are many table in each room with 3 student and 1 teacher per table. Therefore, it is very difficult to keep their attention. I have been tempted to bring them a Red Bull drink, just to calm them down! They know that Eid is fast approaching and it will be party time. All of these kids come from very wealthy families. Most people leave during Eid to celebrate someplace where temperatures are warm, but not hot. Everybody has a week off during Eid.

I've been working on finishing up the design for the fountain for the back patio. I finished up some unfinished student artwork, painted a few pots and added some glass tiles to the painted pots.

My website is coming along, but still under construction. I'm beginning to think that it would just be easier to do a blog just for my artwork.

Jim and I looking forward to our upcoming trip to see some friends in Norway. We will probably freeze our butts off! After being in the summer heat of Doha, anything would feel cold. I'm looking forward to breathing clean air.

Thursday I play Shanghai card game all day with a group of ladies. It is great fun. I'm off to do that now. We will see what the weekend brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment