Tuesday, November 17, 2009

18 November 2009, Wednesday

The sun was shining again today! You would think that it does that everyday.....well it does. I am very thankful for that after spending 8 years without it. It is nice to get up every morning and know that the sun will be out shining. I am sure by March when the temperature starts to rise, I will be a little less excited.

Yesterday, the painter showed up after 6 PM, as promised. His English is not very good but he came highly recommended by my neighbor, Shelly. He understands enough to get the paint on the wall and that I want all the crown molding painted white. He is doing this job after his normal job, so he will be working this weekend.

This is the first time every that I have let someone else plant my garden. However, the gardener came to the garden center with me to haggle over the price as I told him what I wanted. So far the garden is looking great. We are not quite finished with all the plantings, so I will take some photos when the gardener has placed everything where I requested. I am sure my neighbors appreciate the fresh smell of cow manure! Best fertilizer in the world.

Screwdriver man found me a Filipino cleaning lady. She started work on Monday. She will start coming 4-5 hours two times a week. That's to keep my house from becoming a sand dune. I don't understand these people that leave their front door open because it is nice outside. The sand is so fine, it just blows around in the air.

Yesterday, I had my first early morning excursion in the traffic. I did pretty well, I only got lost a few times. Thank God for maps! I few people tooted their horns at me, but they are really mistaken me for someone that cares. LOL! I had to go to Shell for them to take us to some government agency to be finger printed. Of course, the women and the men are done in two different buildings. The lady finger printing me did not know what to do about the fact that I am missing about 1/2" of my right ring finger. She asked her co-worker what to do, and the other woman did not tell her what to do, she just pushed her out of the way and finger printed all but the partly missing finger. They want to make sure that they have all the basis covered, so they do all four fingers at one time, and then every finger separately. And finally they take a palm print. They want to make sure that they can make positive identification that is you sitting in jail.

We were transported back to Shell. Now, the challenge to make it back home. I did OK, but had to pull off the side of the road to look at the map. I still got lost a few times. But I did make it home in one piece.

I drove around for about an hour looking for this paint store that was recommended by the painter. Finally, I found it and picked out colors for the different rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment